The DOLF Project in Saint Louis is looking for a Research Technician to work on samples collected in its field sites.
POSITION SUMMARY: Infectious Disease is looking for a research technician to help with research projects. We are seeking a laboratory technician with a strong background in microbiology, immunology and/or molecular biology. They will join a research team to identify biomarkers for infections, and they will help to establish a sample archive for clinical specimens.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research experiments and assays.
- Evaluates research results, reports findings and discusses project outcomes with staff and supervisors.
- Performs data entry and maintains research records.
- Complies with established safety procedures.
- Coordinates research projects with other institutions and investigators.
- Participates in developing hypotheses to be tested and in planning ways to test them.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Willing and legally able to work for short periods (no more than 4 weeks per year) in developing countries.
- Performs literature reviews on specified topics
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS: Most work will be in a BSL-2 laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be willing to work with laboratory animals.
CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERTISE: College level understanding of biology, microbiology, chemistry, and molecular biology. Demonstrated ability to implement general laboratory procedures, conduct research, and record findings.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.